Xenu’s Link Sleuth checks Web sites for broken links. Link verification is done on “normal” links, images, frames, plug-ins, backgrounds, local image maps, style sheets, scripts and java applets (you can customize). It displays a continuously updated list of URLs which you can sort by different criteria. A report can be produced at any time.
- Simple, no-frills user interface
- Can re-check broken links (useful for temporary network errors)
- Simple report format can also be e-mailed
- Executable file smaller than 1MB
- Supports SSL websites (”https:// “)
- Partial testing of FTP and gopher sites
- Detects and reports redirected URLs
- Site Map
Runs on the Windows platform but can be used on Mac with the help of a program called Integrity.